Tuesday, February 18, 2014

A little reflection


    It’s lunchtime here at the O, and for some reason today I am totally not hungry- which is surprising because for the past week and a half I couldn’t wait to eat. I think I got too hot this morning. Luckily, I brought a protein bar so I will try and get that down later on.

   Today has been great so far. This morning I went to the older kids and helped them with reading and writing. I now think I have a full understanding of teachers- and I will say Bless You. However, it is pretty awesome when the child you are working with finally reads the sentence and can spell a few of the words. I think these moments are what keeps you going back each day.

   At 10:15 it was time for Wilson to get in his standing chair. The nannies are flipping awesome. They know I am coming for him, and today he wasn’t quite ready when I came- but in a matter of about 5 minutes they bathed and dressed him. I got Wilson up to his chair, and scooted him off to class. I told the teacher-Nathay- I would be back in 30 mins…… well I forgot him (let’s say lost track of time- there- that sounds better. I was with the older kids working on reading, so at least I had a legit excuse). Anyways- he was in the chair for 45 mins!!!!!!!  He was rocking it- was still smiling when I came to get him.

   I reeived an email from Christy (president of FHG- for his glory) asking for another video of the kids holding some signs I had made. It is again for Amy- from the Bobby Bones show- in case you are familiar with them. She was asking for me to video the kids holding the signs and try and get as many in the video as possible. Well let me just say the kids were great. The stood in place, didn’t move a muscle, and I was able to caputre 3 videos!!!  Hopefully, one of those will be good enough to use. I am supposed to get a copy- so when I do, I will share with you all.

    Then we hit the noon hour- prayer time. While the kids and nannies are in the baby room- I use this time to sneak off on the porch for some quiet time myself. A little praise and worship and journaling. As I sat on the porch today, I couldn’t help but to think how different my life is today than it was 2 weeks ago. If you remember I did an entry titled 2 weeks and counting….. I read it today and it made me smile. I am in love with my new life, and I thank God each and every moment for hanging me this incrediable opportunity. The opportunity of a lifetime.

   This afternoon we have a soccer game planned and jump rope competition. Who could ask for anything better.

I am finally in a routinue and have been spending lots of time adventuring around Haiti.

And just now I hear the kiddos singing 10,000 reasons- the exact song I was listening to earlier during prayer time……

Blessing to you all.
    Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment