Saturday, February 22, 2014

Pizza and Groceries....


 I am not sure it gets any better than this…..

Today- as many of you saw from my picture, my morning didn’t start out great, but after about 10 minutes of pouting I snapped out of it, and have thoroughly enjoyed my Saturday.

It’s 4:00pm here, and I am sitting on the balcony with a full belly, a smile on my face, and a enjoying the beautiful breeze.

I had a great run this morning. I am slowly working my way up to being able to run an hour. This sounds absolutely crazy as I am sitting here typing it. I run for a solid 2 hours at home with no problem, but I am allowing my body some time to adjust to the heat. I have also calculated about 2 ½ laps per minute- so the thought of running around the house for an hour is more of a mind game than physical ability, but non the less I don’t have too much further to go. After my run, I did my 50 lunges, cooled off, and had breakfast on the patio with Holly. I must say I have one pretty awesome roomie. We went out last night, and she is like the mother hen- always making sure I am right by her side, and always inviting me to go places. Such a wonderful friend :)

I had some nice quiet time on the balcony- just music, my thoughts, and the sun roasting my slowly darkening body. Then it was off to get ready for my lunch date!!!

Today I had lunch with Roberta, and for those of you who do not know her- let me just say she is probably one of the most amazing people I have met. She has lived in Haiti for about 20 years- she is American, and has raised well over 70 children. Many of the kids are dropped at her doorstep and she welcomes them in with open arms. She teaches them English, French, Spanish, and raises them as her own- not orphans. They have High School Musical Dance Party, Sunday afternoon dinners, and are taught based on the American Learning Method (I will explain later what I have learned thus far about education here, and why I find it so difficult to teach my kids). So needless to say, she is absolutely amazing, and I am so very thankful for her, and all the new adventuring she is going to take me on!!!

So today we had lunch- she picked me up and we drove to eat some American Pizza- DOMINO’S!!!!!! Yep and it was delicious, and I ate lots!!!  After lunch she took me to Giant Supermarket- and Americanized Grocery store. They have EVERYTHING and then some. I find this exceptionally hilarious because I absolutely hate going to the grocery store in the states. Yes I know I have to eat, but walking around a store, pushing a cart, placing groceries in the cart, then taking them back out to pay, then back in the cart, pushing the cart to the car, unloading into the car, driving home, unloading yet again from the car to the house, and finally to the fridge or pantry. I mean such a process. WELL today, I was in HEAVEN. I absolutely loved it!!! I was like a kid in the candy store. They had Organic food, steamed veggies, oatmeal, gluten free goodies, and the list goes on and on. I have been craving “real” food, so I bought apples, oatmeal, steamed broccoli, gum, and a little slice of happiness (m&m’s) :).

I toughly enjoyed my day with Roberta, girl time, and just listening to her give me pointers. I have ridden a “tap-tap” and “moto” so she says- I will be just fine and I am learning quickly J.

It is absolutely beautiful here, the sun shines every day, and the warmth feels amazing on my bones.

Today has been great so far. I even received an email from sweet little Allie’s mom today checking in, and have been able to facetime my little back home. She is having a park adventure as we speak followed by a playdate this evening with Mitsu.

Life is grand. :)….. And you will all be happy to know I have been able to eliminate step #11 from the laundry….. febreeze- I did much better this week!


I hope you all have a wonderful rest of the weekend- Lucknie just got home so we are adventuring out for a bit.


Lunch date here I come... still in love with the braids... :)

Traffic is for the birds.. 

It's the little things

No comments:

Post a Comment