Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Let the fun begin

I promise I won't write every day, but right now I have the time so I will write!


  It is 3:30 in the afternoon and I am sitting on the porch writing to you all. I am pretty sure I have worn out my help today…… hopefully they show back up tomorrow. The morning was great- did a nice 20 minute run around the house, push-ups, and squats.  I am pretty sure once I get a little more comfortable with life here I can venture out to the street outside our house and run up and down it. BUT first I have to learn some Créole. We got to the O today around 9- walked today instead of the bus which was nice but a little nerve racking. Nothing to be scared of, ya just never know. Angie will be leaving this Friday for a few weeks so I will be flying solo until she returns. I am just trying to learn as much as I can before she departs. I was FINALLY able to meet with Pierre today (O director) about my vision and plans while I am here. He loved it all, and gave me a few projects to work on for them as well. AWESOME- off to a great Tuesday. Today I brought a new of the beanie babies mom gave to me for the kids. Since most of the toys I have are for the older kids, I decided the babies need something too. After their baths, they all have to go back in their beds so the nannies can clean the floor, and instead of sitting in your bed with nothing to do I gave them all beanie babies. They LOVED them. They smiled so big and just sat there playing with them.




Then the real works began…… Today I spend most of my day organizing and cleaning out the nurse’s room. OH MY- that place is a disaster. Well maybe not a total disaster, but in my book it needs work. I knew coming into this that the nurses' would be my main project so I rolled up my sleeves, well I am wearing short sleeves- just a figure of speech- you get the picture, and we got busy. I am pretty sure the nurse thought I was insane because we took everything off of the shelf, cleaned the shelf, and organized boxes, then put the organized boxes back on the shelf. I would be lying if I said I wasn’t overwhelmed, because this is going to take forever to get done. There is STUFF EVERYWHERE. But with a little jam session and dancing we were able to make great progress today, and it already look and smells so much better :) :).  My translator was so sweet and said “What time shall I see you tomorrow Miss Ashley”.  Love his excitement to CLEAN!!!! 

Good day. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment