Sunday, March 16, 2014

Beach Day


    I have heard from friends that Haiti is absolutely beautiful- has these amazing beaches and gorgeous mountains, but seeing how I have only been in Port Au Prince (the city) for the last 5 weeks, I was starting to think this was a made up fairytale. I have been dying to see the beach, and as many of you know I am a water person. I have always wanted to live on the beach- and who knows maybe one day this will come true :)- So finally we made it happen. We researched the entire week for the best spot to go on a missionary salary- and we found the perfect spot- Wahoo Bay Beach Cub. It was not too expensive and they accept Credit Cards so that's a double win- I was able to save my cash!!! And the place was BEAUTIFUL. All my American and Haitians Friends were not lying to me. There is a beach and pretty mountains and yesterday we were able to experience both of them!!

   We left around 8:30, enjoyed beautiful views on our hour-long ride, and arrived just before 10 am. It was quiet, had amazing views, calm crystal clean ocean waters, and helpful staff. We all (all 7 of us went, the Pfaff Crew, Holly, Lucknie, and myself) just stood there for a minute and took in all the views. It was beautiful.

   We found a nice spot on the beach- got the chairs sat up, snapped a few photos and hit the water for a day of fun and relaxation.

   I, myself, was most excited about the massive trampoline apparatus in the middle of the ocean. For some unknown reason I refuse to grow up- I am in love with swings- love, love to swing, could eat ice cream every night in the summer, get a little too excited when I am given the chance to jump on trampolines, snorkel in every tropical place- regardless if I have seen the same thing 1000 times before. So you can imagine my face when I saw the water trampoline and the snorkeling boat!

   The day was perfect! We had so much fun playing, relaxing, swimming, snorkeling, eating, drinking fresh coconuts, seeing how high we could jump, and socializing without any sort of electronic device. Perfection in every way :)

  An amazing treat, and hopefully we will get to do it again before I leave, but if not I am so very thankful for the amazing memories we had.






Such a great and enjoyable day!!!!  :):):)



No comments:

Post a Comment