Monday, March 31, 2014

Empty Nester

It's lunchtime here at the O, and unlike my last month it is extremely quiet. I am sitting in the office solo eating my rice and bean sauce wondering how my crew is doing. Everyone left early this morning with the exception of Judy- she left here at noon. It is now just me. 

I didn't think you could form a bond so quickly with 4 other people, but I guess when you live with someone and see them everyday for an entire month the bond just happens. 

The month of March has been a whirlwind. The Pfaff family arrived March 3rd, Brian and his team of 14 (mostly children) arrived that Saturday March 8th and left the 12th, Julie and her daughter Jordyn came on March 20th and stayed for 7 days, and then Tawnya, Isabella, and Judy arrived Tuesday the 25th and left today. So needless to say the house has been full and I have so enjoyed all the different conversations. 

I honestly didn't think it was going to be this hard to say goodbye. And for the record I HATE good-byes. I always say see you soon. It helps me to know there is a reunion coming soon. Good-bye just sounds so sad.....  Well today it was hard. Really hard. The kids and I are going to miss them so much. They have been my saving grace at the O for the past several weeks, especially when things get overwhelming. I can't even begin to thank them enough for their efforts here and the amazing work they did. I remember the night before they were to arrive, I stalked their FB account and found their fundraising video and was excited to see what work God called them to do. We laughed about it later when Holly and I shared that we totally spied on them to get an idea who we would be living with for a month!!!  Let's just say their paperwork and their personalities were total opposites!!!  

So for now, I will wish my new friends the safest journey back to the states, and I will see then when I arrive. Oh, I forgot to mention they live in Nashville too!!!  Whoop Whoop. 

You guys are amazing, and I thank you (and the kiddos do too) for your love that you shared with all of us. Safe travels and I will see ya soon :)




No comments:

Post a Comment